I investigate artists and songwriters historical record and publishing deals and deliver a report outlining the status of the agreements.
I am primarily looking for all of the contractual points that refer to the ending of the agreement such as termination clauses, retention periods and re-recording restrictions. If any other salient points come to light I will add these to the report.
This can result in:
- being knowledgeable about your historical contractual agreements
- potentially acquiring rights back and doing new deals with better royalty rates
- potentially being able to re-record songs and gain master ownership
After delivering the report I can offer a range of further services that include:
- delivering termination notices to the rights holders
- advising on re-records
- advising on setting up new entities to own reverted copyrights
- finding new publishing deals or administration arrangements
- exploring re-issues
- collating assets